Shepherdsville, Kentucky, Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorneys
Since 1985, the law firm of Hughes & Coleman has been dedicated to protecting the rights of Shepherdsville, Kentucky, nursing home, assisted living facility and long-term care facility abuse and neglect victims. We are experienced in nursing home abuse and neglect law, commonly called elder law or elder abuse law. If you believe that you or a loved one has been a victim of abuse or negligence in Shepherdsville, KY, call us immediately at 866-280-4609 for a free consultation with one of our nursing home abuse attorneys.
Co-founding partners J. Marshall Hughes and Lee Coleman of Hughes & Coleman are dedicated to helping the victims and families of neglected and abused nursing home residents in Berea, Bowling Green, Elizabethtown, Lexington, Louisville, Pikeville, Shepherdsville, and throughout the Central Kentucky area.
Shepherdsville, Kentucky, Nursing Home Ratings
Kentucky House Bill 318 will require nursing homes in the state to post a 1- to 5-star quality rating visible on the front door of the facility. The star quality ratings are assigned to the facility by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Five-Star Quality Rating System. Nursing Homes with 5 stars rate much above average, 4 stars rate above average, 3 stars rate average, 2 stars rate below average, and 1 star rates much below average.
Shepherdsville, Kentucky, Nursing Homes
Shepherdsville, Kentucky, is a city in Bullitt County, less than 15 minutes south of Louisville International Airport off I-65. The population was estimated at 9,344 residents in 2009. Historically, the major industry in Shepherdsville, KY, has been salt production from the Salt River. In 1836, a mineral water spa called Paroquet Springs opened. The mineral water was believed to have medicinal properties and tourists visited Shepherdsville to drink and bathe in the water for cures from a variety of ailments.
No nursing homes are located in Shepherdsville, Kentucky. Nearby nursing homes include those inLouisvilleand:
- Windsor Garden, 101 Isaac Greer Court, Bardstown, KY 40004. Phone: (502) 349-6214. Overall Rating: 2 out of 5 stars
- Life Care Center of Bardstown, 120 Life Care Way, Bardstown, KY40004. Phone: (502) 348-4220. Overall Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
- Colonial Health and Rehabilitation Center, 708 Bartley Ave., Bardstown, KY40004. Phone: (502) 348-9260. Overall Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Nursing homes are rated overall and on health inspections, nursing home staffing and quality measures. Because laws and regulations regarding nursing homes are complex, it is important to consult with an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer. Call Hughes & Coleman at 866-280-4609 to discuss your loved one’s situation with one of our Shepherdsville, KY, nursing home abuse attorneys.
Resources for Shepherdsville, Kentucky, Nursing Home Residents and Families
Suspected nursing home abuse involving residents of Shepherdsville, Kentucky, nursing homes should be reported to the nursing home’s administrator immediately. Resources for nursing home residents and families of nursing home residents include:
- State Survey Agency, Office of Inspector General of Kentucky – You can submit a complaint about the quality of life or quality of care inside a nursing home. Phone: (502) 564-7963. Visit agency website
- Office of Aging Services of Kentucky, Ombudsman — Obtain information on nursing homes or get help resolving problems between nursing homes and residents or their families. Phone: Toll Free: (800) 372-2991 or Local: (502) 564-6930. Visit agency website
- The National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care – This organization connects you to state and local resources including citizen advocacy groups, ombudsmen and state agencies. Phone: (202) 332-2275. Visit agency website
Hughes & Coleman is dedicated to improving the quality of life for nursing home residents who have been victims of abuse or neglect in Shepherdsville. Call us today at 866-280-4609 to discuss your loved one’s situation with one of our Shepherdsville, KY, nursing home abuse attorneys. We will hold nursing homes and long-term care facilities accountable for providing inadequate or poor care.