Extendicare Nursing Homes Looking to Sell
Posted in Featured Articles on May 22, 2012
Recently one of our clients received a letter from the president of Extendicare Nursing Home facilities (see image at right or below for a larger image) that informed our client that Extendicare has decided to sell. It is our opinion that Extendicare has always operated under a Profits over People Model and that they have chosen to sell to avoid bringing their homes into compliance.
This does not surprise us as Extendicare pulled the same kind of stunt in Florida. In Florida, Extendicare simply sold to a company that had the same owners, but established new LLC’s to avoid being liable for all of the damages and injuries caused to residents.
If your loved one has suffered injuries as a result of Nursing Home abuse by an Extendicare facility you should take immediate action.
Extendicare operates many nursing homes throughout the state of KY and they operate under many different names. Here is a list of Extendicare owned facilities in the state of KY:
- Medco Center of Bowling Green, Bowling Green, KY
- Medco Center of Brandenburg, Brandenburg, KY
- Shady Lawn Nursing Home, Cadiz, KY
- Medco Center of Campbellsville, Campbellsville, KY
- Elizabethtown Nursing & Rehabilitation, Elizabethtown, KY
- Woodcrest Manor Care, Elsmere, KY
- Fordsville Nursing & Rehabilitation, Fordsville, KY
- Medco Center of Franklin, Franklin, KY
- Medco Center of Hardinsburg, Hardinsburg, KY
- Medco Center of Henderson, Henderson, KY
- Irvine Health & Rehabilitation, Irvine, KY
- Morganfield Nursing & Rehabilitation, Morganfield, KY
- Bon Harbor Nursing & Rehabilitation, Owensboro, KY
- Medco Center of Paducah, Paducah, KY
- Pembroke Nursing & Rehabilitation, Pembroke, KY
- Kenwood House, Richmond, KY
- Madison Manor, Richmond, KY
- Salyersville Health Care, Salyersville, KY
- Sunrise Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation, Somerset, KY
- Springfield Nursing & Rehabilitation, Springfield, KY
- Stanton Nursing, Stanton, KY
According to Families for Better Care KY Nursing Home, facilities reported 531 deficiencies in the first quarter of 2012.
If your loved one is a resident of a Nursing Home facility in the state of KY, please check out Kentucky.gov to stay informed on the conditions at the nursing home facility in which your family member resides.
If your loved one has suffered from any of the symptoms below, these are signs of abuse and neglect.
- Broken bones
- Bed sores